May 31, 2007

walk

aruku : walk

arukanai : walk not
arukimasu : walk (polite)
aruku : walk (plain)
arukutoki : walk+when
arukeba : walk + if
aruke : walk (imperative)

arukita : walked
aruiteiru : be+walking
aruku darou : will walk

made : to, up to,
eki : station

Watashi wa eki made aruita. : I, station to, walked. : I walked to the station.

ima : now

Watashi wa ima aruiteiru. : I, now, walking. : I'm walking now.

"...teiru" is explained as a progressive form like "be+...ing".

But sometimes "...teiru" means a custom of doing something.

maiasa : every morning
kouen : park
o : at , in

Watashi wa maiasa kouen o aruiteiru. : I, every morning, park in, walking. : I walk in the park every morning.

shimbun : newspaper
yomu : read

Watashi wa maiasa shimbun o yondeiru. : I , every morning, newspaper, reading. : I read newspaper everymorning.

No comments: