March 29, 2008

word order is not important

In sentences, the case of the words are important to make the sentences to have a meaning.
In a sentence " I love you " , " I " is a subjective case and " you " is an objective case.
If " You love me", "You" is a subjective case and "me" an objective case.
You may understand , in English, the word order determines a case of each word.

Let us say " I love you " in Japanese.

Watashi wa anata o aishiteimasu.
watashi = I, my, me
watashi + wa = I
anata = you, your
anata+o = you(object)
aishiteimasu= love

You may understand that a particle word( eg. wa, o, ga and etc.) makes the word have a case ,not a word order.
Let us see a sentense with replacing "watashi wa " with " anata o".

Anata o watashi wa aishiteimasu.
This sentense also means "I love you ".

Japanese people may not misunderstand what you mean as long as the word has a particle.

Major particles to make the word subjective are " wa" and "ga".
Major particles to make the word objective are " o".

Watashi wa hon o yomimasu. ( I, book, read) = I read a book.
Hon o yomimasu watashi wa. ( book, read, I)=I read a book.
Yomimasu hon o watashi wa.(read, book, I)= I read a book.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Westy,

I've been trying to learn Japanese for a while and have started to use a site where you can chat online with a Japanese tutor. I like it because it gives me a chance to try out what I've learnt with a real person and I can go over any areas which I need a little more help with.

http://www.verbalplanet.com/learn-japanese.asp

Do you know of any other sites where you can chat in Japanese online?

Unknown said...

Sorry,

Link didn't work - here it is:

http://www.verbalplanet.com/learn-japanese.asp

Westy said...

Hi andyandcathmoore,
Thank you very much for visiting my blog.
I'm sorry I don't know much about Japanese chat site but how about this one ; http://www.thejapanesepage.com/

Anonymous said...

miley cyrus nude [url=http://www2.iuav.it/moodle/user/view.php?id=3500&course=1]miley cyrus nude[/url] miley cyrus nude [url=http://blogcastrepository.com/members/wreetgh.aspx]miley cyrus nude[/url] miley cyrus nude [url=http://my.wsbtv.com/service/displayKickPlace.kickAction?u=14041727&as=6690]miley cyrus nude[/url]

Galaxy6139 said...

Thank you very much, your site is very helpful for someone loving to learn Japanese ^^ Keep bloging plz

Best wishes.

Luc said...

Hello friends,

I do not want to bother you with advertising messages, but I think you might be interested in a site that some friends will launch: www.wachywachy.com

It will allow people who want to practice conversation to improve a language to contact tutors around the world to practice conversation via Skype, Google Talk or by telephone.

You can register as a tutor, to make money talking in your language, or as a student to improve speaking any language with native speakers, or both at once.

They are in pre-registration stage and plan to give advantages to those who sign up before launch.