June 27, 2007

Can I use this?

Kore tsukattemo iidesuka? : Can I use this? / May I use this ?
kore : this
tsukau : use
ii / yoi : good
ii desuka : is it good?
tsukattemo : in terms of using , using

kore tsukattemo iidesuka? : this, in terms of using, is it good? : Can I use this? May I use this?

Kono kuruma untenshitemo iidesuka ? : Can I drive this car? / May I drive this car?
kono : this
kuruma : car
untensuru : drive

Ano hon yondemo iidesuka? : Can I read that book ?
ano : that
hon : book
yomu : read

Anata o aishitemo iidesuka? : Can I love you ? / May I love you?
anata : you
aisuru : love

Sometimes " mo " would be omitted.

Anata o aishite iidesuka ? : Can I love you?

Denwa o tsukatte iidesuka ? : Can I use the phone?
denwa : telephone
tsukau : use

When you ask for using a someone's thing, "kariru(borrow)"can be used.

Denwa o karitemo iidesuka ? : Can I use the phone?
kariru : borrow ( in this case, use)

Okane o karitemo iidesuka ? : Can I borrow money?
kariru : borrow

Toire o karitemo iidesuka? : Can I use a bathroom?
toire : toilet, W.C, restroom, bathroom

No comments: