June 11, 2007

on the phone

Every Japanese people , at the beginning of the telephone conversation, says " moshi-moshi" as an accost word.

"Moshi-moshi. Suzuki to moushimasu ga, Tanakasan ni tsunaide itadakemasuka ."
(Hello, this is Suzuki speaking. May I speak to Mr. Tanaka.)

...to moushimasu : (literaly " I say") I am...
ga : but
-san : Mr. Mrs. Miss. Ms.etc
tsunagu : connect
-te/ -de : (conjunctive particle) this particle connects a verb to another verb.
itadakemasuka : (literaly "Can I have..." , " May I have...") Could you please...

moshi-moshi : (accost) hello
Suzuki to moushimasu ga : Suzuki, I am, but : I am Suzuki
Tsunaide itadakemasuka. : connect, could you please : Could you please connect me to.../ Can I speak to...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! Please continue the good entries.

Anonymous said...

Hi, how to said "He on the phone. May u call back later ?" Thanks.