June 28, 2007

Don't do that.

Sore wa shinaide kudasai. : Don't do that.
sore : it, that
shinai : don't do, doesn't do
kudasai : give me
shinai de kudasai : don't do please

Here review the conjugation of verbs.
suru : do
shinai : do not
shimasu : do (polite)
suru : do (plain)
surutoki : do when
sureba : do if
shiro : do (imperative)

You can see that the head of the word changes to "su-" or "-shi".
"suru" is a kind of a special word which has strange conjugation pattern.

If you want to make a negative imperative sentense, you can make it by "do not" pattern + de + kudasai.

tataku : beat
(tatakanai, tatakimasu, tataku,tatakutoki,tatakeba, tatake)
Tatakanai de kudasai. : beat not, please : Don't beat.
Watashio tatakanai de kudasai : me, beat not, please : Don't beat me.

miru : look
(minai, mimasu, miru, mirutoki, mireba, miro)

Minai de kudasai : look not, please : Don't look.
Watashi o minai de kudasai. : me, look not, please : Don't look at me.

No comments: